Elmscroft Community Association, Coronation Grove, Gloucester, GL2 0SS
Elmscroft Community Centre is situated off Barnwood Road, access either on foot through alleyways or by road through the Armscroft Estate, via Coronation Grove.
A small group of Armscroft Residents founded the association around 1949. They began meeting in the original two room building which had been used during the war years as a temporary school due to bomb damage to local school rooms. They decided to name the association by amalgamating the two area names Elmbridge and Armscroft resulting in “Elmscroft” which it is still known as to this day.
The buildings are maintained by the association and stand on land leased from Gloucestershire County Council. In the l950’s a wooden building was added as an extension. In l979 a brick built lounge was added at the field end of the building for social purposes. Finally in l990 the model railway club built a separate detached construction to accommodate their model railway layouts.